E-learning Development Made Easy with Articulate Storyline
How can you make the arduous task of rapid eLearning development simple? Do you wish to use a tool that is easy to use? As an instructional designer (ID), do you intend to seamlessly add interactivities and assessments?
You can use Articulate Storyline to create highly effective online courses in quick time with minimum effort. This incredible rapid authoring tool helps you to develop engaging eLearning programs that create an excellent learning experience. You would find this tool very helpful because:
Articulate Storyline is easy to use
Articulate Storyline is a very powerful tool; yet it is ID friendly. You can use this tool without any difficulties because
- Storyline has a simple interface:This is perhaps the most striking feature of Articulate Storyline that makes it easy to use. This tool uses a simple PowerPoint interface making it very easy for the ID to work. You do not need any previous experience of using authoring software to utilize Storyline. All you need is familiarity with PowerPoint. This tool contains various features of PowerPoint such as slide templates, slide master and themes. Using Storyline is as simple as that.
- Coding skills are not mandatory:You can create simple courses with limited interactivity using Storyline without any knowledge of programming. This tool comes with various in-built options that allow you to develop courses with minimum interactivity. However, to create advanced customizations and interactivities, you need to possess coding skills.
Articulate Storyline supports your instructional design strategy
Customized presentation patterns
This product from Articulate allows you to present content in a highly effective manner because this tool comes with customizable presentation patterns that allow you to weave interactivities and other learning components into the course based on learning design principles. You could use
- Interactive videos and audio:Articulate Storyline allows you to harness the full potential of videos to convey real scenarios to learners. You can add interactive videos that help strengthen visual appeal. You can use various features such as controllers, graded and non-graded questions and so on.
- Hotspots:You can effectively use hotspots to enable the learner identify parts of an image. This is very helpful to IDs to provide descriptions such as parts of a machine or organs of the human body.
- Rollover interaction:Sometimes, it may be necessary to facilitate the learner to explore related items in a non-linear manner. You can efficiently use the feature of rollover interactions to achieve this objective.
- Tab interactions:You can effectively use the Tab interactions feature of Articulate Storyline to enable the learner explore related items and identify differences between them. You could use this interaction to take learners through a list of related concepts.
- Timeline:You can ensure that objects appear in the right place at the right time by using the timeline to sequence objects. This feature also allows you to highlight key milestones in a schedule.
- Light boxes:You can use the option of light boxes to pop-up over the screen when the learner performs certain actions such as clicking on an object.
- Markers:You could use this interaction to highlight a particular element on the screen. This goes a long way in helping learners identify important elements of the course.
- Media tours:You can use media tours interaction to allow the users to step through a series of images, videos and Flash animations. This is particularly useful to create the "how to" manuals.
- Animations and transitions:You understand the importance of animations and transitions in enlivening the online course. Articulate Storyline allows you to apply animations to a variety of objects such as boxes, shapes, images and characters. You can apply transitions to each slide of your course.
- Colors:You know that colors could be used to highlight important aspects of a course and distinguish between various concepts of the course. You can use several color themes that are built-in or use your own colors for various objects.
- Zoom:You can create better user experiences using the zoom functionality of this tool. This functionality enables you to grab the attention of the learners to important content. It is possible to multi-zoom regions and use the timeline feature to start one zoom as the other ends.
- FAQs:You can create FAQs easily with this tool. This option allows you to clarify doubts regarding important and common aspects of the course.
- Buttons:You could insert various types of buttons such as submit buttons, check-box buttons, radio buttons and so on to create interactivity.
- Scenarios:Scenarios help learners to understand the content better and apply the knowledge acquired to real-job situations. Articulate Storyline can be used to effectively incorporate scenarios into courses. Storyline has many scenario packs, which are in-built with different options and choices. It also includes character packs, with images of people with translucent backgrounds and each character has 10 poses. Now we can quickly change our triggers to control the poses of the characters. It has the capability of using different interactivity features, to form engaging scenarios that can be part of eLearning courses.
- Simulations:You can leverage the full potential of simulations using this tool. This tool can be used to record actions on a screen. You could then segment this recording into multiple step-by-step sections. This can help you effectively explain the steps of a process or create "Watch", "Try" and "Do" simulations.
- Tabular forms to present data:This feature of Articulate Storyline helps you explain concepts clearly because you can use non-examples effectively using tabular forms.
- Process diagrams:This tool allows you to use process diagrams efficiently. You can illustrate the different steps of a process and enable the learners to effectively comprehend its workflow.
Create effective assessments
You understand the significance of assessments in online training. You can create highly interactive and effective assessments that provide the right feedback to learners because you can utilize these features of Articulate Storyline.
- Single select:You could apply this feature to assessment questions that have only one correct answer. The learner needs to select the right answer from a given set of options.
- Multiple select:This option can be utilized if you wish to present questions that have more than one correct answer in the course assessments. Here, the learner needs to identify all or some of the right answers from a given set of options.
- Drag and drop:In this interaction, the learner needs to drag the right option to the right target. You can create drag and drop interactions easily using Articulate Storyline. You need to merely add objects to the slide and choose the "drag and drop" option from the menu and then assign drag items and drop targets using the form editor.
- Matching:This tool can be used to create 'matching' assessments. Matching is another highly interactive method of assessing the learner. He needs to match an item to the right option
- Dropdown:In this interactive assessment, the learner needs to choose the right option from a given set of alternatives in a combo box. This tool can be used to create dropdown assessments easily.
- Scenario-based assessments:This tool enables you to present a scenario and then pose questions to learners about it. It is a very effective means of assessing the learner because it can be used to test his ability to apply the knowledge gained to a real situation.
- Quizzes:You can incorporate more than 20 types of questions in a quiz using Articulate Storyline. You can insert multiple quizzes at various points in the course to assess the learner as he progresses through the learning program. This tool combines the ease of form-based authoring with the power of slide-based editing making creation of quizzes very simple.
- Question banks:You can easily group and manage questions using Articulate Storyline. You can pool questions from these groups and even randomize questions. You can reuse these groups of questions in another by importing them.
- Object states:You could ensure that the course is compelling by making objects in the course change their states in reaction to learner actions. For instance, you can ensure that the object chnages its color when it is clicked or you can make a character chnage its expression when the learner clicks on the wrong object.
Seamlessly integrate game elements
You are aware of the benefits of gamification and wish to incorporate elements of games into your courses. Articulate Storyline has options to create games and make eLearning courses more engaging and interesting. It provides powerful tools such as 'triggers, variables and layers' to enable creation of games easily.
Thus, you see that Articulate Storyline is a very powerful tool and enables you to present the learning content effectively and assess the learners efficiently. Indeed, it unleashes the creative power within you. We'd love to hear what you think about this product from Articulate.
- Pre-Assessments in E-learning: A Tool to Gain Employees’ Acceptance
- 5 Questions to Answer Before Converting Your ILT Resources to eLearning
- Put Your Learners in Charge of Software Training with Microlearning
- Questions to Consider while Localizing Your ELearning Courses
- When to Adopt Video-Based Learning for Customer Service Training?