Leveraging PowerPoint to Maximize Impact – A Workshop
Day: Day 3 March 25, Session 1
Speaker: Howard B. Lewis, Ph.D., CPT | Chief Learning Architect, CommLab India
Time: 9:00 AM - 11:45 AM EDT / - Your local time
Dr. Howard Lewis has been involved in education, instructional design, and performance technology for over 40 years. His experience includes leadership, management, sales and marketing, engineering, safety, medical management, customer service, and performance management. Howard has a doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology and International Training and is a Certified Performance Technologist (CPT).
About the Workshop
PowerPoint is a familiar tool for most people in our training fraternity, yet typically only used for presentations. The good news is that PowerPoint can be used for so much more including:
- Facilitator Guides (including presentation slides)
- Storyboards and rapid development
- Infographics and interactive PDFs
- Concept-Process animations and hotspot illustrations
- Screen captures and show me demos
- And more!
In this workshop, Dr. Howard will take you through a hands-on field trip on:
- Using layouts to build a library of standardized templates
- Building ‘click to reveal’ interactivities
- Configuring blind click interactivities that mimic the use of hotspots
- Designing performance support tools such as interactive PDFs
- Configuring screencasts to demo visual processes
PowerPoint can be used to dramatically increase our impact on performance across all types of learning experiences (ILT, VILT, Blended, Microlearning and Performance Support).
Join this workshop for some easy hacks to take the utility of the humble PPT beyond expectations. Come explore the gold mine you are sitting on!